how you can help
Any donation you can make to St Andrew's will be hugely valuable and important to the Church's continued work and ministry. All general donations will go directly towards the most pressing work of the moment.
If you direct your donation to go into a specific area, you can be assured that money will be allocated thoughtfully by our dedicated teams.
- Rs. 1,000 pays for the after-church refreshments on a Sunday.
- Rs. 1,500 pays for the food for the Netherlee Cottage family for one day.
- Rs. 2,500 pays for the electricity to run the fans, lights, public address and organ during a Sunday morning service.
- Rs. 5,000 pays for Sunday School and Youth Group teaching materials for a month.
- Rs. 10,000 pays for the refreshments at Ward 8, Mulleriyawa Hospital on our monthly visit.
- Rs. 50,000 sponsors one of our popular choral events such as HymnFest or CarolFest.
- Rs. 60,000 pays the monthly salaries for the teachers at our schools in Mawella and Rosythe.
- Rs. 80,000 buys a multimedia projector for use in worship and by the Youth Group.
- Rs. 400,000 pays for Ward 8 at Mulleriyawa Hospital to be painted both inside and out.
You may wish to select one of these to be the expense to which you wish to make a contribution.
Please remit your gift to:
- NDB bank
103A Dharmapala Mawatha
Current account name: St. Andrew’s Church
Current account no:101000130223
Swift Code: NDBSLKLX
While the Elders volunteer for a variety of tasks and duties, mostly in turns and regulated by appropriate schedules, here are some of the duties you can choose to volunteer for:
- Welcoming visitors
- Bible reading
- Singing in the choir
- Bringing flowers to the sanctuary
- Providing hospitality after the service
- Assisting in the Sunday School, Youth Group or the Crèche
- Handing out and receiving hymn books and other occasional tasks
- Helping out in the Thrift shop
- Lending a helping hand in the cleanup of the church buildings and premises